BOLINGBROOK, Ill./ Sept. 13, 2017 (StlRealEstate.News) — With their sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2017, Beko (www.beko.us), the #1 European freestanding appliance brand just introduced into the North American market, and Blomberg (www.blombergappliances.com), an ever-expanding line of contemporary European design and energy efficient products for builders, designers and architects of multi-unit buildings, are going the distance to help accelerate the adoption of energy-efficient products and design in American homes.
- Missouri University of Science and Technology – SILO (Smart Innovative Living Oasis) will feature a Beko refrigerator, range, dishwasher and compact washer/dryer
- Northwestern University – House targeting baby-boomer couple, close to retirement; the home will display a Beko refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher and compact washer/dryer
- University of California at Berkeley and University of Denver – RISE, a stackable solution for urban infill, will showcase a Beko refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and compact washer/dryer
Blomberg has sponsored these homes:
University of Alabama at Birmingham – At the heart of surviv(AL) is a composite and steel “strong room” that extends below the level of the house’s subfloor; the home will include a Blomberg refrigerator, range, microwave and dishwasher
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Daytona State College – The BEACH (Building Efficient, Affordable, and Comfortable Homes) House will include a Blomberg refrigerator, cooktop, built-in wall oven, dishwasher and compact, stacking washer/dryer
- Washington University – St. Louis – The single precast concrete structure, intended as a demonstration of integrated advanced building technology, will include a Blomberg dishwasher, cooktop, built-in wall oven and compact stacking washer/dryer
Expecting 90,000 Visitors
The Solar Decathlon, which will host approximately 90,000 visitors over the nine days, is an intensive learning experience for consumers and homeowners as they experience the latest technologies and materials in energy-efficient design, clean energy technologies, smart home solutions, water conservation measures, electric vehicles, and sustainable buildings.
At the 2017 Sustainability Expo running concurrently with the Solar Decathlon, Beko and Blomberg will have displays showcasing their space-saving appliances, as well as their innovative heat pump dryer technology, which made the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) 2017 ENERGY STAR Most Efficient list for using 50 percent less energy than conventional dryers.
The brands were among the first to bring the ventless heat pump technology to the marketplace. The heat pump dryer uses a closed-loop heat exchange system to dry at lower temperatures, saving money on energy bills and providing superior protection for clothes.
In addition, several Beko and Blomberg dishwashers made this year’s ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient list, and all models have earned ENERGY STAR marks for using advanced technology to clean dishes brilliantly with less water and energy. Unique design features include multiple insulation layers to reduce thermal loss, and a variable speed circulation motor that automatically adjusts for optimum water and energy consumption.
The brands’ ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerators also save energy and money and conserve the planet. Featuring innovative technology that safeguards food and ensures maximum freshness, the refrigerators are built with 99.9 percent lead-free materials, are 100 percent free from ozone-depleting greenhouse gases, and are manufactured with 85 percent recyclable components to help conserve the planet. In fact, the company has achieved the ENERGY STAR certification for over 90% of the major appliances in its Beko and Blomberg brands.
Everything we do as a brand is centered around sustainability and innovation,” said Hasan Yardimci, president, Beko US, Inc. “Our support of the Solar Decathlon is in keeping with our commitment to provide consumers with products that are both good for the globe and support their everyday needs.”
Beko US, Inc. was founded in June 2016 and recently opened a distribution center in Bolingbrook, Ill.
SOURCE: Beko US, Inc.